My French-Indian 6 year old boy on adoption and languages:
- Me: Would you like us to adopt a baby?
- Him: No! I want a baby from your tummy and I can’t handle two babies!
- Me: But what if we don’t get one from my tummy?
- Him: Then it’s fine, we won’t have a baby.
- Me: But why you don’t want to adopt?
- Him: If we get an adopted baby here, he will only speak Hindi...
- Me: But small babies don’t speak. And we could teach him French and English.
- Him: Good idea! I would speak French with you, and he will speak Hindi with papa!